Wednesday, June 27, 2007


Two mornings ago, I decided to go down to the beach and just walk around. There were two things that really stood out about the beach here. One, there were shells absolutely everywhere, and not just small ones, but large ones too and even crab shells. Second, all over the place, there are these massive concrete blocks that look like fat pieces of barbwire ( I understand that they are used to break the tide coming into shore). It was quite a cool experience. Living in Colorado, I have been by the ocean a total of maybe 4 weeks in my entire life, so I guess I'm impressed easily. I also visited a local temple that morning, which was also quite cool. I was invited to lunch later that same day at Derek's house, where I was treated to a western/Japanese mix meal. It was quite good. The next day, I was also invited to Derek's for dinner, but because I was walking Nappa, they didn't want to wait and just started without me. It was fine though, once I got there I had some great leftovers and played this game that was kind of like rummy, but played instead with plastic pieces. I actually ended up staying until about 12. Tonight, I'm going to a BBQ with Jeff Lewis, a local English teacher on the island.

No comments: