Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I've spent the last few days frequenting one of my new favorite spots on the island, a small beach that is in front of Derek's house. The water is quite warm and although I saw a stingray the first day I was there, is relatively private. Derek left about a week or so ago and said I could use his beach whenever I wanted. One of the JETs on the Island, Jeff, also recently left, and left behind a very nice road bike which I can use until I find someone to buy it. So I've been riding his bike everywhere, to the beach and also to explore the town I'm in. Just this morning, I was exploring around and found a cool road/path up into the mountains, where I saw a little park. To the side were wooden steps leading up to some kind of shrine at the top of a mountain. I took some pictures and ate lunch up there. The weather has been getting hotter so I'm thinking that going to the beach and chilling in the ocean is going to become a regular activity for me.

On the way up to the mountain where I had lunch. It was a hotel built in a nice, southern European stlye. The racing bike up against the wall completes the European look.

A panorama shot of the southern part of Tsushi from atop the mountain.
Another shot of the central part of the town from a little bit down the road.


Another shot of the private beach. With the exception of a few high school/junior high school students I've seen every once and awhile (today for instance, a bunch of young girls appeared while I was swimming and then started yelling "I rub (love) you"! from across the beach :))
the beach is quite private and nice.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow. that looks pretty cool but it's so empty! is everyone hanging out inside on those warm days, or do you just happen to be able to find areas without people?

Either way, it sounds like the kind of place you've always said you wanted to live.

Richard Sadowsky said...

Hey, I might buy the bike, Derek!
I think you found "Kenko Mura," a local government facility that has health and wellness facilities.